Have you ever sat down and consider why your achievement so far is low? By this question I mean, if you have ever shown concern about the fact that you have not achieve so many of your goals.
Yeah, you know you are highly talented, you know you have all it takes to be the person of your dream but despite this awareness, your life is still at a standstill. You have no remarkable achievement to show for your talent and ability. If you have ever felt that way, I have written this post to enable you see the factors that are holding you back, and conquer them.
The truth is that nothing happens by chance, your poor achievement has a cause, like every other event in your life. These causes are practical, and I believe that if you will really think deep on the possible causes discussed in this post, you will find the loopholes that are sabotaging your desire for a remarkable achievement.
The possible reasons your achievement is low include the following:
1. You procrastinate a lot: When it comes to procrastination, we are all guilty. We feel more comfortable to shift what we should do now to a later time, and most often when the later time arrives, the tendency to shift it further is there. It has been said that procrastination is the thief of time. The truth is that procrastination is not only the thief of time; it is also a destroyer of destiny. Every achievement in the physical world begins with thought, and then from thought to purpose, from purpose to action and from action to reality (realization of your desire). Procrastination truncates this process at purpose. All you have is the desire to do, and when to do it is later (procrastination). That is one reason you have not achieved much.
If you must be highly productive, you need to trample on procrastination and learn to take action as soon as possible so that you can form a new habit of “do it now.” Your new “do it now” habit will begin to create unimaginable results for you.
Successful people are people who do today what others are thinking of doing tomorrow. When you feel like procrastinating, always remember this statement made by Pablo Picasso “only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.”
2. You don’t set goal: what everybody has is a wish or dream, only few have goals. What then is a goal? A goal is dream with a deadline. It means agreeing with yourself that you are going to accomplish certain task within a specific period of time. When you fail to set goal, you will see no need for urgency about getting things done. So whether a task is done within a specific period of time or not, it is none of your business because there is no parameter to access your progress. You are like a traveler who is travelling without a specific destination in mind; anywhere he gets to remains his destination.
To be more productive, you need to set goals, write them down, and be determined to achieve them.
3.You rarely make plans: In life success does not come by chance, success is always a direct result of proper planning, backed up with action, and persistence which does not recognize failure. The moment you set your goals, it essential that you create a plan of how you are going to achieve them. If you fail to plan, then you have planned to fail indirectly.
4. You rarely finish what you start: for many of us, starting a thing is not the problem but following through. Anybody can begin a project, but most of the time people who ended up succeeding are those who persevere until they achieve their goal. No one wins a marathon race because he joined others in starting the race. Winners are crowned only for getting to the desired destination.
Also read: 15 Inspirational Quotes that Will Awake the Sleeping Giant Within You
To overcome this problem of not finishing what you start, you need to work on your ability to focus on one thing at a time, and be determined that whatever you start, you must complete. You only need to succeed at one thing to become a successful person.
Focus, focus, focus!
5. You don’t commit yourself to your personal assignment: When it comes to obeying others, it is very easy, but when it comes obeying ourselves, we find it difficult. The reason is because you are your own master, nobody questions you about whether you do the things you promised yourself to do or not, so due to this, you often feel reluctant or find it hard to fulfill your personal assignment. How committed you are to your personal assignment is a yardstick to measure how discipline you are.
If you must achieve more, you must pledge to yourself from this moment to start respecting and showing high level of commitment to your personal assignment.
Successful people keep doing what they need to do to succeed even when they don’t feel like doing it.
6. You don’t learn from your mistakes: One of the reasons you have low achievement is the fact that you rarely take advantage of your mistakes. You are allowed to make mistakes, but never allow the lessons to pass you by. You did something in a certain way, and it gives you an unpleasant result, and yet you keep doing it that way while expecting a pleasant result. That is a simple sign that you don’t learn from your mistakes. Albert Einstein said “insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.”
To achieve more you must be aware of your actions and the effects they are creating, and make adjustment in any area you need to adjust as soon as possible in order to get your desired result.
7. You are afraid to take risk: One of the reasons you are not doing much with your life lies in the fact that you are not willing or afraid to take risk. Every great feat ever achieved in life is a product of risk taking. In life, nothing is guaranteed; even living itself is a risk. For every project you intend to implement, there are two possible outcomes; success or failure. One thing you should have in mind is that if you don’t act, failure is your default result. It is only by acting that you can succeed and achieve more.
If you must achieve more you must become a risk taker
8. You hardly read books: By reading I am not talking of reading novels just to pass the time or to entertain yourself. What I mean here is making a deliberate effort to read books that will show you the strategy to achieve more. You must have heard it that “readers are leaders.”
If you want to really be productive and have remarkable achievement, you must form the habit of reading on daily basis, and resolve to apply the things you learn.
“If you read only for reading sake” said olakunle soriyan, “you will know much but you will still be poor.”
Also read: The Courage to Start Small and Grow Big
Over to you
Did you feel empowered after reading this post? What other factors do you think are responsible for low achievement and productivity in your life? Please share your thoughts via the comment section below. You can help your friends to find this post by clicking on any of the social media buttons below to share. Keep visiting this site for more inspirational messages.